Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One - Alpha - Nine - Sierra - Mike

"616" has had her name changed by deed poll.

Her official identification is now OneAlphaNineSierraMike (1A-9SM). For me "616" will do.

Monday's appointment at VicRoads went so well that I don't understand why they couldn't service my request on Thursday. I'll never understand actually - they were handling 3 regos at the same time on Monday, with the same staff that were there on Thursday with just me in the office. I'll have to "let that one go" now.

She run like a charm for 15 minutes on the way to Seymour, then started misbehaving. It felt like the fuel was running low but a top-up showed there were still 10 litres left. On the way back from Seymour she'd barely do 80 km/h. Virtually no power over 4000 rpm.

I've convinced myself that it isn't a fuel issue (although the inconsistant idle probably is). There must be an issue with the ignition. It feels like she's running on full retard once she gets thoroughly warmed up. Most likely the CDI trigger coils breaking down when the oil gets hot.

I have a couple of evenings to get into the LH side of the engine and swap out the Stator & Pick-up Coil Assembly with another completely unknown one from one of the other engines (probably "535").

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment